Post 95 History
Post 95 was chartered in September 1919 by the Missouri Department of the American Legion with seventeen charter members. Dr. Barton Maltby became the Post's first Commander.
The Post was named for Sgt Robert H. Baker, who was killed in WWI. Robert H. Baker enlisted in Co. H 3rd Missouri National Guard on May 31, 1918.
His National Guard Co, served on Mexican border. His National Guard Company entered Federal Service as Co H 140th Infantry, 35th Division in August 1918, and was sent to France.
Baker was wounded September 28, 1918 in the battle of the Meuse River/Argonne Forest conflict. He died of these wounds October 9, 1918, and is buried in No. 3, Commune of Banbrey, Depot, Meuse France.
The Post was instrumental in having the "Doughboy" Statue permanently set on the West side of the Historical Liberty County Court House. It bears the title "Lest We Forget".